zondag 14 maart 2010

FA 28-70/4 AL

This is my first AF lens I bought and the reason why I stayed with Pentax so I could also use my dad's lenses.
This standardzoom is small and light making it ideal for traveling. It's missing the reach of the FA28-105, but is 1/2 a stop faster at 70mm. Optical it's a great lens and although I don't use it anymore, I'll keep it in case Pentax release a FF camera. They are quiet cheap second hand.


Performance
As you can see from the figures below this lens performed very good in the resolution test even wide open up to 50mm. The perfomance look a lot like the new DA16-45/4. On a crop camera like the Ist D there isn't a lot of vignetting even wide open (<1/2 stop). But on a ff-camera there was up to 35mm at f4, but It's gone by f5.6. What I like most about this lens is the great contrast in real life shots. And in my testings I gave it the highest score (a ten). The aspherical lens (AL in the name) gives this lens great sharpness from corner to corner, even on a FF body. As you can see the corners are not much worse compare to the center.
CA is also well under control and got a 9 overall. It's strangely a bit worse at 70mm then at 28mm under my test conditions.
The only back draw is that there isn't a lens-hood and at 28mm you can have some lensflare.

If Pentax would release a Full Frame body, this will be my standard lens. It's better then most (if not all) "cheap" Pentax standard zoom lenses from the 90's.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten