zaterdag 24 oktober 2009

Extra information about testsetup

The answer to a question from a PDML member with extra info about the handeling of raw images.

I've used Adobe CameraRaw with the default setting and no automatic correction. Sharpening was set to 20. This could affect test results, although this amount of sharping is normal in every day use. All images where
judged with the same settings.
I've tested the setting of sharpening before setting it to 20. And I found it a good point making a fair compare of the resolution. No sharpening made it a bit more difficult to make repeatable judgment of resolution.
Setting it higher then 30 created artifacts and would lead to false conclusions. I found 20 good, and also the sharping I mostly apply seem to be between 15 and 25.

I know this isn't a perfect test, none is, but I already made these test for myself and want to share them with the world. The figure that I've got seems to confirm my subjective feeling about some lenses.

Pascal.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten